Welcome to my blog. My name is Kristine and this is my first time creating a blog. I am student teaching at PS 1 in a first grade class. I love this school and receive a tremendous amount of support from my mentor's. This is my last semester here at SJU which is bitter sweet. I am looking forward to starting my career and to further my degree in early childhood. I've been a sub-paraprofessional for the last 2 years cause I wanted to expose myself to a variety of teaching styles. I am a visual learner and I feel that is the best way to learn how to teach by seeing how you want to teach as well as how you do not want to teach.
TLNT-Chapter-10 Promoting success for ALL students through technology is an interesting chapter which speaks about differentiated instruction (DI) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL). Looking at UDL, students are offered instruction with multiple means of representation, expression and engagement. The goal of UDL is to provide access for all students with disabilities and individualized options for all. An example given is how a teacher uses PowerPoint to display vocabulary words and the definitions on the smart board so hearing impaired students can read the information while whole class engage in conversations. Any other printed materials can also be transformed to digital screens with speech, sounds and pictures. What a great way to modify materials so students feel included. TLBG-Chapter-3-Strategy 12 & 15 Strategy #12 Supporting students with special needs is broken down to two strategies: accommodations and modifications....
Comments
Post a Comment