Skip to main content

Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my blog.  My name is Kristine and this is my first time creating a blog.  I am student teaching at PS 1 in a first grade class.  I love this school and receive a tremendous amount of support from my mentor's.  This is my last semester here at SJU which is bitter sweet.  I am looking forward to starting my career and to further my degree in early childhood.  I've been a sub-paraprofessional for the last 2 years cause I wanted to expose myself to a variety of teaching styles.  I am a visual learner and I feel that is the best way to learn how to teach by seeing how you want to teach as well as how you do not want to teach.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8

TLNT Chapter-7 Computer games as a learning resource is what stuck out most in this chapter.  As we all know computer, video and web-based games are most popular amongst children.  What a great way to implement computer game programs into lessons.  There are six basic characteristics associated with computer games. Rules Goals & objectives Outcomes & feedback Conflict/competition/challenge/opposition Interaction Representation or story Since computer games come in a variety of formats, knowledge games would work best when implementing a lesson.  Individuals are presented with a type of opposition that must be overcome.  Visual feedback on the individuals actions are given including rewards and accomplishments.  Some examples of math teaching games are Math Blaster, TreasureMathStorm, Numbers Undercover and Sunbuddy Math. TLBG- Chapter-3 Strategy-5 Gaming in the classroom simply means students playing games for educational/learni...